Notice and Agenda of Annual General Meeting
6pm Registration and Socializing
Arts Activity; displays and sales upstairs; Cash bar; snacks will available.
- Hope in Shadows Calendar (Pivot Legal)
- EWMA (Enterprising Women Making Art)
- Gallery Gachet Artists Collective
- Megaphone Magazine.
*Members and Woodward’s neighbours – you are very welcome to bring brochures and information for networking.
7pm Program Begins
- Burton Amos, CACV’s Aboriginal Community Liaison acknowledges First Nations territory
- Welcome and Agenda presented by President, Michael Clague
- Acknowledgments of guests
- Thank you to retiring board members: Am Johal, Nathan Edelson, Richard Evans, Michael Clague and Leslie Kemp.
- Community Arts in Vancouver Survey Results – Presenters: David Lee, Sonja Embree and Mary Bennett
7:40 The Year in Review
- CACV Activities: Powerpoint presentation by Leslie Kemp
7:50pm Community Arts in DTES Video Launch
- Community Arts Fund and DTES Community Arts Video Launch
- A “Thank you” to our stars, producers and supporters by Michael Clague
8:00pm – Break
8:15 pm Annual General Meeting
- Call to Order of business meeting and confirmation of quorum – President, Michael Clague
- President’s Report; Thank you to funders and supporters
- Approval of minutes of the November 25, 2010 AGM
- Treasurer’s Report: Approval of Financial Statements for Year Ending June 30, 2011 – Eric Bucad
- Administration and Program Reports presented by Mary Bennett (and Friends)
b. Community Arts Activities
c. Member Outreach
d. Downtown Eastside Community Arts Program
f. Community-Engaged Environmental Arts
g. Thank you to Volunteers
h. Election of Board of Directors
i. Nominating Committee: Leslie Kemp (Chair), Nathan Edelson and Michael Clague
6. Adjournment of business meeting
*Observers are welcome to this free event. To be eligible to vote and to serve on the board of directors a person must be a paid up member of the CACV. Organization members have one voting delegate.
The event is FREE. Registration appreciated here: http://cacvagm.eventbrite.com
Members can vote and stand for election. You can sign up at the AGM. Minimum donation for individuals $1; $25 for organizations.
Thank you to Chapel Arts!!!
We are so grateful to Chapel Arts for providing a great space for our Annual General Meeting every year since 2008. It’s a great venue for us, and love the statement: If nothing else, believe in art!
The space is inviting for DTES residents and often a new discovery for people outside of the DTES – who are always intrigued and pleased to discover it.
Thank you, Nathan!
KEEP IN TOUCH
To subscribe to our e-newsletters go to: https://cacv.ca/newsletter
We send out three newsletters each month, one general, one focused on community-engaged environmental art and one primarily about events in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside SOCIAL MEDIA. We’re on twitter and facebook and have our own social media site.