The Marketing Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs) will support the marketing, communications and publicity of the upcoming Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival (VOAF) and Community Gala in October 2022 at the Roundhouse Community Centre.
The role will start July 4, 2022 for 8 weeks, full time at 35 hours per week with an hourly rate of $25/hr. This position can be fully remote with access to our office. The deadline for applications is May 31, 2022.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation of Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival (VOAF) marketing and communications project, working with the VOAF team in development of copy written material, print, and digital.
- Assist with the coordination and management of VOAF’s social media networks, tasks may include research, sourcing content, writing, scheduling, monitoring social channels and reporting.
- Assist with the festival team with email marketing campaign, tasks may include content creation, research, writing, design, layout, and more.
- Update Community Arts Council of Vancouver (CACV) and Festival websites as required, updating website content and blogs.
- Assist duties related to online artist workshops, tasks may include attending workshops, supporting artists during workshops and tech support.
- Assist with duties related to festival website including festival art sales platform (eg. Shopify), tasks may include uploading content, updating artists information, data entry, and more.
- Assist with organizing digital archival material for organization, tasks may include digitizing paper documents / scanning documents, cataloguing, archiving material and more.
- Assist with other marketing-specific administrative tasks as required, such as maintenance and organization of marketing folders on Google Drive, assisting in coordinating printed promotional material, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms
- Advanced skills in Canva, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive
- Preference will be given to candidates with some arts, culture, writing experience
- Ability to develop work plans, establish priorities, solve problems, and work within deadlines
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to be a self starter and work remotely
This position is a part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program with funding provided by Service Canada. Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- And legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations (international students on a work/study permit are not eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs Program)
We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities and with a range of life experiences to apply. Your lived experience, as it relates to our work and will be valued.
How to apply:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter via email by May 31, 2022 at 5 PM
- Interviews will take place in June 2022
- Expected Start Date: July 4, 2022
- Work term is full-time for 8 weeks
- The hourly rate is $25/hr
- Please email your resume and cover letter in 1 PDF file to Kristin Cheung, Executive Director at email@example.com