Board of Directors & Committee Recruitment – Fall 2021
Community Arts Council of Vancouver (CACV) was the first arts council in North America. Since its beginning in 1946, the Community Arts Council of Vancouver has been a contributor to shaping the cultural life of Vancouver. CACV is an independent non-profit charitable organization, unaffiliated with any government department.
Our vision is of a socially-engaged, inclusive, and vibrant city alive with community arts.
Community arts is made by, with, for, and because of people sharing a sense of community, with the support of professional artists.
We currently advance our vision across Vancouver through community arts programs that address social exclusion and accessibility of creative opportunities, Indigenous and non-Indigenous relationships, and sustainability in the arts sector. CACV programs include: Reframing Relations, Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival (VOAF), Community Arts Fund.
Board Director – Position Summary:
- Provide governance to the non-profit organization
- Collaborate with Board and Staff to implement and periodically renew strategic plan in 2022
- Enhance capacity in collaboration with staff and volunteers
- Serve on at least one committee:
- 75th Anniversary,
- Finance and Fundraising,
- Communications / Social Media,
- Governance/Board Development/HR
- Ambassador for CACV at cultural and arts events including CACV’s Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival
- Make a financial contribution to the organization that you are comfortable with. ($25 minimum)
CACV is seeking a number of new volunteers to serve on the Board of Directors as well as key committees (see above). We are committed to improving accessibility, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization, and people of all backgrounds are encouraged to consider this opportunity to serve as creative citizens.
If you believe that your skills and experiences align with CACV, please fill out this form before December 15, 2021
For any questions please contact: Valerie Smaller, Board President
For individuals seeking more resources on the responsibilities and duties of a Board of Directors, here are a few resources from Vantage Point