Role: Communications & Membership Coordinator
Deadline: Oct. 15, 2019
CACV’s mission is to practice and support community arts in Vancouver. CACV explores critical social issues through creative processes. CACV fosters and supports programs, practices and initiatives that develop common understanding through shared experiences..
CACV’s vision is of an inclusive, socially-engaged and vibrant city alive with community arts.
We advance our vision across Vancouver through community arts programs that address Indigenous and non-Indigenous relationships, social exclusion and accessibility to creative opportunities, sustainability in the arts sector, and our relationship to the environment.
CACV seeks a people person who loves community arts and is ready to help shape and share our story! Communications & Membership Coordinator is a 15-25 hour/month contract. The position promotes the programs of CACV as well as our members’ activities. You’ll work with the E.D., Board members, and Program Manager to build engagement through social and traditional media, email newsletter, and website. Promotes and supports membership program and is the contact for members. You’ll work with our website manager to improve and update it as needed. As CACV’s Coordinator you may also support the annual Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival, in a separate and additional contract depending on your availability and festival needs.
Help make CACV the hub for community arts in Vancouver through:
• Responding to emails from members and non-members received by email@example.com in a timely manner.
• Preparing and sending out the CACV e-newsletter on 16th of each month: includes coordinating with staff for content in advance.
• Scheduled social media posts and monitoring social media networks.
• Updating the Community Calendar once a month in sync with the e-newsletter sent out.
• Update website content
• Assisting with press releases, writing, copy-editing, and distribution.
• Assisting with maintaining the blog on cacv.ca.
• Promoting CACV membership at local and CACV events as hours permit.
• Manage memberships using Membee online system linked to cacv.ca. Assist members looking to sign up or renew their membership as needed. Assist with creation of Enhanced Membership online profiles as needed.
• Providing invoice to CACV E.D. by email 3 business days before end of month.
- Experience and skills in multiple modes of communication including verbal, written, and visual
- Able to interact with a range of people from Board members to volunteers from diverse backgrounds
- Connection to and/or knowledge of the arts & culture sector is a plus
- Social media skills on Facebook and Instagram primarily
- Experience with or ability to learn Member database management
- Experience with WordPress for website, or ability to learn the basics quickly
- Event, outreach, marketing and promotion experience is a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send us a cover letter and your resume, with contact details and two references.
$20 – 25/hour depending on experience
Contact Name: Eric Rhys Miller
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 682-0010