Since 2011, Our Community Arts Dialogues bring together community artists and members to discuss how the arts can contribute to healthy community development. The dialogues provides community members and artists a shared and safe platform to:
- Identify current social issues in Vancouver that communities are facing,
- Promote cultural awareness, appreciation and understanding,
- Find ways to create welcoming spaces through increased visibility of community art in the public,
- Share stories, listen to others, and connect with each other through shared-experiences,
- Develop creative ideas to empower community members to be active cultural citizens.
Video Spotlight: Community Arts Dialogue on Interculturalism
We hosted our Community Arts Dialogue and invited community members to participate in a creative discussion on Interculturalism. We explored the idea of Interculturalism and what it meant to live interculturally.