Terms of Reference
The CACV Member Outreach Committee’s mandate is to sign up and engage members such that the CACV can be and be seen as the voice for the Community Arts in Vancouver.
The CACV Member Outreach Committee:
- Develops and supports the ongoing processes and systems for signing up and confirming renewals from members;
- Supports and tracks efforts to engage prospective members;
- Identifies and supports activities to engage both prospective and existing members;
- Facilitates an annual membership drive.
In doing its work, it will keep in mind the following:
Vision: CACV is the voice for the community arts in Vancouver
Mission: CACV creates community through the arts
Relationship to other CACV Committees
While the CACV Member Outreach Committee is not in place to develop and conduct fundraising, it plays a key role in providing the foundational processes and systems for enabling effective fundraising. This Committee therefore will support and work closely with the CACV Fundraising Committee and particular projects such as Downtown Eastside Community Arts Fund in their fundraising activities.
This Committee will also work with the CACV Communications Committee and the CACV Community Arts Activities Committee to coordinate communications and activities for both prospective and existing members.
The CACV Member Outreach Committee includes at least one board member and the administrator. It will include 4 to 6 additional volunteers who will take on tasks such as supporting the annual membership drive and engaging prospective and existing members at the AGM. Ideally, a member from each of the CACV Communications Committee and CACV Arts Activities Committee will also be a member of this Committee.
Meetings and Tasks:
The CACV Member Outreach Committee meets once a month to:
- Update the contact database as required
- Work on the actions identified above.
Reporting and Accountability
- The Committee reports to the Administrator.
- Once a year the Committee will meet with the Board to report on their work and give recommendations and request feedback.
- The Committee follows all board and council policy.
- Changes to Membership and Outreach policies and terms of reference are approved by the Board.
- The Chair communicates through the Board Representative to the board.
- The committee will propose a budget to the board each year.
- The committee will set and review annual goals and submit to the board.
Approved by the CACV Board October 28, 2010