Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival offers performance, exhibition, learning, and connection to visual and performing artists facing exclusion. The 5th annual festival takes place in October 2021.
Community Arts Council of Vancouver is hiring a Festival Coordinator, a part-time seasonal paid position supporting the 2021 Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival. The Festival Coordinator (FC) works directly with the Festival Producer, Festival Manager, Advisory Committee, and participating artists. The FC is the key point of contact for participating artists in the festival.
Please apply via email by Friday, February 26 at 5 PM. Include your relevant experience in event coordination, artist management, exhibitions, arts administration or supporting marginalized communities.
Engagement: March – October 2021, hours TBD depending on production timeline
Compensation: $ 7,000 = 250 hours X $ 27.50/hr with possibility of additional hours by written agreement between both parties
CONTACT: Johnny Trinh, Festival Manager email@example.com
The VOAF Festival Coordinator:
- Enjoys and has capability for supporting marginalized people with visible or invisible barriers
- Collaborator who can adapt to different styles of thinking and communication
- Strong organizational and task-management skills
- Excellent communication skills both digital and in-person
- Strong in Google GSuite tools including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Authentic commitment to the values of Community Arts Council of Vancouver
What helps (not in order of priority):
- Festival or event coordination experience
- Previous experience in community arts settings
- Familiarity with Basecamp project management platform
- Experience with online sales and inventory management, e-commerce
This role is a key collaborating member of the festival producing team. Much of the work happens via email, phone, and video call at this time. In-person sessions and festival events are planned, subject to public health orders.
The Festival Coordinator position includes the following roles and responsibilities:
- Be the primary contact person for all participating artists
- Support outreach and recruitment of artists for the festival:
- Online & Live (if permitted) information sessions
- Tracking all the required applications, and checking eligibility for artists
- Facilitate artist orientation sessions and preparatory workshops
- Support selected artists’ access to online resources
- Manage data & logistics for the artists
- Tracking & Confirming Inventory for art, and artist bios
- Tracking all forms: letters of agreements, media releases, and invoices
- Manage sales and inventory w/ volunteer team at festival
- Be present on key dates including: install/de-install, festival days, and meetings
- Additional duties as assigned