Communications Committee Terms of Reference
The CACV Communications Committee will:
• encourage communication within and among our members and our community
• encourage our members to engage with CACV to carry out our mission and vision
Vision: CACV is the voice for the community arts in Vancouver
Mission: CACV creates community through the arts
Goals: From the July, 2009 board retreat, the following goals are most relevant:
1. Increase/improve communications
- Achieve greater recognition of community arts among community artists and community and arts organizations
- Make website more engaging through web re-development and re-design
- Nurture relationships with media for increased CACV exposure and recognition
- Build connections with relevant online magazines, bloggers and websites and submit event listings and articles.
- Form strategic alliances with other related organizations.
2. Take leadership in setting community arts direction
- Facilitate dialogue about community arts in various forms
- Improve networks for community artists in Vancouver
- Facilitate online and face-to-face networks for community and environmental artists in Vancouver
3. Event communication
- Promote local artists and groups related to our vision and mission
- Effectively communicate and promote community arts events to target audiences.
- The CACV Communications Committee will include at least one board member and the administrator.
- It will include 6-9 additional volunteers who will take on tasks , such as taking photographs, writing/editing material and collecting contact information for our communications.
CACV Communications Committee Terms of Reference 2
Meetings and Tasks
The Communications Committee will have a working meeting once a month to:
- create strategic plans for communications and setting goals in terms of reach and numbers of participants
- plan, write and compile e-newsletters
- collect material including photos to update the website
- extend our presence on social media such as facebook
- consider additional communications initiatives and prepare recommendations for the board.
Reporting and Accountability
- The Committee reports to the Administrator
- Once a year the Committee will meet with the Board to report on their work and give recommendations and request feedback.
- The Committee must follow all board and council policy.
- Changes to Communications policies and terms of reference must be approved by the Board.
Discussed by the Communications Committee
Approved by the CACV Board