The CACV & John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland are pleased to announce Johnny D. Trinh as the 2019 Inclusive Community Artist-in-Residence.
- February Blog Post
- March Blog Post
- May Blog Post
- June Blog Post
- July Blog Post
- August Blog Post
- September Blog Post
Johnny D Trinh is an interdisciplinary and spoken word artist based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Exploring the use of spoken word, music, video, social media, movement, theatre, and creative technology- Johnny’s practice integrates the multi-layered realities within which we exist to create immersive spoken word experiences. Johnny’s pedagogy is rooted in the constant goal of fostering a sense of empowerment, agency, and compassion through socially engaged, community based art. Johnny recognizes that many of us are uninvited guests on this indigenous Turtle Island, and continually works to reconcile that through accountability, allyship, and integrity in practice. He creates opportunities to support marginalized communities cultivate their voice: “Pass the mic, or silence the future.”
Johnny D Trinh is an award-winning playwright, and author of several chapbooks. Johnny’s first audio album #undeniable will be released in July 2017.
- Verses Festival- Canadian Individual Poetry Slam (CIPS) Tournament Director 2017
- Regina Slam Champion 2016, Finalist- CIPS 2016
- Finalist- Capturing Fire 2016 & 2015 (Washington, DC)
- Victorious Voices
- Tongues of Fire (Victoria)
- Canadian Festival of Spoken Word (2016, 2015)
- Pride Toronto (2016)
- Toronto Poetry Slam
- Tonight It’s Poetry (Saskatoon)
- Victoria Poetry Slam
- Toronto Art Bar Poetry Series
- Saskatchewan Festival of Words (2017,2016,2015)
- WordPlay Poet
- Saskatchewan Artists in Schools Program
- Banff Centre for the Arts
- MFA: Interdisciplinary Studies: Theatre & Creative Technology- University of Regina
- Dell’Arte International School for Physical Theatre: Summer Intensive
- Musical Theatre Performance: Randolph Academy for the Performing Arts, Hon.
- BA- Drama- University of Waterloo.